The Twelve Days of Christmas Printables continues with a mini-poster for maintaining your sense of humor about those high-pressure, low-self-esteem meetings in which professionals tell you what you should agree to about your child's schooling. Will the alert level be low, with only a minor risk of backstabbing and deception? Elevated, with significant risk of law violation and denial of services? Or severe, with a high likelihood of vein-popping, heart-stopping outrage? Give printouts of this warning sign to support-group members and fellow IEP warriors, e-mail it to your online allies, and keep a copy by your phone to keep track of the risk level on those long conversations with school personnel.
Print and use these alert levels as my gift to you today, and come back tomorrow to see what I've got for you next.
More Twelve Days of Christmas on About.com Parenting:
- 12 Days of Handmade Baby Gifts: 5 Teething Rings
- The 12 Days of Christmas: Getting Closer, Day Five
- 12 Days of Christmas: Party, Party, Party
- Fifth Day of Holiday Merriment for College Families
- 12 Days of Christmas Sanity for Single Parents: Day 5
- Twelve Days of Christmas Gifts for Babies
- 12 Days of Christmas Preparations
Image by Terri Mauro