On the ninth day of Christmas,
my About.com guide gave to me
nine ways to say, "Love ya!"
eight-and-twenty love notes,
seven special wishes,
six coupons for Dad,
five alert levels,
four helpful bookmarks,
three teacher gifts,
two warning labels,
and a carol for special-needs glee.
The Twelve Days of Christmas Printables continues with my list of ways to tell your child "I love you." The colorful printable version has twenty-two, or you can go to my longer text version for nine extra ideas. Both offer a good reminder that even when our kids have problems with language or emotions or connecting in "ordinary" ways, we can still express affection and love in ways that are comfortable for and meaningful to them. That's a pretty nice gift right there -- the gift of understanding. Print this list and try out some of these ideas with your child this holiday vacation time.
Enjoy these ways to say "I love you" as my gift to you today, and come back tomorrow to see what I've got for you next.
More Twelve Days of Christmas on About.com Parenting:
- 12 Days of Handmade Baby Gifts: 9 Dancing Babies
- The 12 Days of Christmas: Getting Closer, Day Nine
- 12 Days of Christmas: Teach Your Children Well
- Ninth Day of Holiday Merriment for College Families
- 12 Days of Christmas Sanity for Single Parents: Day 9
- Twelve Days of Christmas Gifts for Babies
- 12 Days of Christmas Preparations
Image by Terri Mauro