I've blogged so far about my most popular blog posts, articles, and categories of the year. Now we'll turn our attention to parts of this site written by you -- the Readers Respond pages and comments. Today's tallies add up reader reviews, show-and-tell pages, and user answers that got the most viewers this year. See if your work made it to the top, or add your own opinions to those of your fellow readers.
Top 12 Reader Reviews of 2012
I invited you to review apps, books, TV shows, restaurants, camps, and Readers' Choice Awards finalists, among other things. The dozen reviews submitted in any year that got the most looks in 2012 were:
- App Review: Proloquo2Go
- App Review: ArtikPix
- App Review: eReadingToGo!
- Book Review: Transforming the Difficult Child
- App Review: iCreate ... Social Skills Stories
- App Review: iPacs
- App Review: Go Rewards!
- Book Review: I'll Tell You Why ... I Can't Wear Those Clothes
- App Review: All About Me Storybook
- Book Review: The Everyday Guide to Special Education Law
- Book Review: Apps for Autism
- TV Review: The Secret Life of the American Teenager
Top 12 Show-and-Tell Pages of 2012
Show-and-Tells give readers a whole page to share their blogs, sites, brags, problem-solving skills, and even ideas about TV characters. These twelve stories, written in any year, were the most-viewed in 2012:
- Share Your Halloween Costume: Pirate Costume That Incorporates a Wheelchair
- Diagnose a TV Character With an Autism Spectrum Disorder: Brick Heck of The Middle
- Share Your Halloween Costume: Biker Costume Makes Wheelchair Part of the Ensemble
- Share Your Blog: Sam the Conqueror
- Share Your Halloween Costume: Sweatshirts Become Easy Costumes
- Share Your Halloween Costume: Sensory-Friendly Wiggles Costume
- Diagnose a TV Character With an Autism Spectrum Disorder: Abed of Community
- Look What My Kid Can Do: Social-Studies Fair
- Share Your Learning Tools: Turn Toy Cars Into Mobile Flashcards
- Share Your Site: Special-Needs Soccer
- Diagnose a TV Character With an Autism Spectrum Disorder: Dr. Spencer Reid of Criminal Minds
- Diagnose a TV Character With an Autism Spectrum Disorder: SpongeBob SquarePants and Henry the Penguin
Top 12 User Answers Pages of 2012
User Answer pages ask for your quick tips, ideas, and inspirational thoughts in reply to questions of interest. These questions and their responses got the most views in 2012:
- How Have You Handled Head Lice?
- What Special-Education Placement Works Best for Your Child?
- What's the Most Outrageous Thing That's Happened to You at an IEP Meeting?
- What's Your Advice for Parents of a Child Newly Diagnosed With Down Syndrome?
- What Do-It-Yourself Therapy Toys Have You Created?
- How Do You Teach Nose-Blowing to a Child With Special Needs?
- What Would You Like Special Educators to Know?
- What Are You Thankful For About Your Child With Special Needs?
- What School Accommodations and Modifications Does Your Child Receive?
- Why Did You Seek a 504 Plan for Your Child?
- Add Your Name to the 'We Expect Respect' Manifesto
- How Do You Fill an Easter Basket?
For the rest of the tops of 2012, look for my blog post on Wednesday, and keep an eye on my month-by-month tallies taking shape at 2012 in Review, now updated through July.