We spent much of December mourning over the victims of the school shootings in Newtown, Connecticut, and fighting the quick judgment made by many that the shooter had Asperger syndrome and therefore anyone on the spectrum is dangerous. Look back at the posts, articles, and comments you found and made on this site in December.
Top 10 Blog Posts of the Month
These posts were the most-read of the month. The year the post was written is indicated in parentheses.
- The Middle Actor Has Osteogenesis Imperfecta (2010)
- Setting Up an iTunes Account Without a Credit Card (2008)
- Papoose Boards Make Child Restraint … Easy? Inhumane? (2007)
- Does Mady Gosselin Need Discipline, or a Diagnosis? (2009)
- Autistic Kids, Violent Adults (2009)
- Weekday Reflection: Labels (2009)
- Posting Your Child's Medical History (2005)
- The Twelve Day-Ruiners of Christmas: Family Traditions (2012)
- Gluten-Free Turkey Stuffing (2005)
- Shamrocks, St. Pat's Games, and More Fun Things to Do (2007)
Top 10 New Blog Posts
Of all posts written in December, these were the most popular. The date posted is indicated in parentheses.
- The Twelve Day-Ruiners of Christmas: Family Traditions (December 13)
- Speaking to Your Kids About the Unspeakable (December 14)
- From My Inbox: Special-Needs Book Shopping (December 3)
- From My Inbox: FASD Tips for the Holidays (December 11)
- Special Needs and Sandy Hook (December 21)
- Quick and Meaningful Teacher Gifts (December 12)
- All We Want for Christmas Is a Good Night's Sleep (December 14)
- Braille Ornaments and More Fun Things to Do (December 15)
- Whose Life Is It Anyway? (December 19)
- Holiday Stress: Are You Feeling It Yet? (December 4)
Top 10 Articles of the Month
These articles were the most-viewed of December 2012.
- What Is ADD?
- 504 FAQ
- Set Up an E-mail Account for Your Child That You Can Monitor
- Set Up a Free iTunes Account Without Credit Card, Gift Card or Allowance
- Diabetic Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Gluten-Free Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Set Up an iTunes Allowance for Your Child
- Set Up an iTunes Account for Your Child Using a Gift Card
- 101 Things to Do When There's Nothing to Do
- What Are Special Needs?
Top 5 New Articles
Of the articles written in December 2012, these were the most-viewed that month.
- Love Notes for Special Parents Calendar 2013
- Asperger Syndrome News 2012
- Sites of the Day: December 2012
- Family Gathering Bingo
- 2012 in Review
Most Commented-On Posts
Because you all were busy with the holidays, only two posts got more than one comment in December. The year the post was written is indicated in parentheses.
All New Articles and Posts
These weekly round-ups list everything new in December. Click through to see what was going on that week on About.com Parenting Children With Special Needs.
All of Your Comments
Find a list of all posts that received comments in December in these weekly comment round-ups: