In June, a patent battle over a communication app made us think about gatekeepers and how parents of kids with special needs are losing patience with them. Also of interest were articles about sports and inclusion, and -- because it was June, after all -- good teachers and fathers. Look back at the posts, articles, and comments you found and made on this site in June.
Top 10 Blog Posts of the Month
These posts were the most-read of the month. The year the post was written is indicated in parentheses.
- The Middle Actor Has Osteogenesis Imperfecta (2010)
- Autistic Kids, Violent Adults (2009)
- Does Mady Gosselin Need Discipline, or a Diagnosis? (2009)
- Setting Up an iTunes Account Without a Credit Card (2008)
- Share Your Proud Moments on the Forum (2009)
- Papoose Boards Make Child Restraint … Easy? Inhumane? (2007)
- Posting Your Child's Medical History (2005)
- In the Forum: Huge Language Delay
- Parents, Storming the Gates (2012)
- Sports and Inclusion (2012)
Top 10 New Blog Posts
Of all posts written in June, these were the most popular. The date posted is indicated in parentheses.
- Parents, Storming the Gates (June 13)
- Sports and Inclusion (June 7)
- From My Inbox: Watch, Listen, and Read (June 11)
- From My Inbox: Recipes, Ringtones and a Rampaging River (June 4)
- The Good a Teacher Can Do (June 8)
- The Phantom Paraprofessional (June 6)
- Father's Day Crafts and More Fun Things to Do (June 9)
- Make Your Own Bingo and More Fun Things to Do (June 2)
- Weekly Round-Up: Week Ending June 10 (June 10)
- Book Review Tuesday: Kids Without Limits (June 5)
Top 10 Articles of the Month
These articles were the most-viewed of June 2012.
- What Is ADD?
- 504 FAQ
- 101 Things to Do When There's Nothing to Do
- Set Up a Free iTunes Account Without Credit Card, Gift Card or Allowance
- What Are Special Needs?
- Sample 504 Plans
- Set Up an E-mail Account for Your Child That You Can Monitor
- Write Your Own Behavior Plan
- Tea Tree Oil for Head Lice
- Five Fun Things to Do
Top 5 New Articles
Of the articles written in June 2012, these were the most-viewed.
- Starting an Inclusive Sports Program
- Book Review: Kids Beyond Limits
- Site of the Day: June 2012
- Book Review: The Boy in the Moon
- Disability Rights News 2012
Most Commented-On Posts
Only two posts got more than one comment in June: "Autistic Kids, Violent Adults" (2009) and "Parent Draws Attention to Patent War Over Communication App" (2012). But many more did receive a single comment, including posts on buddy programs (2009), potty training (2012), parents vs. gatekeepers (2012), phenylketonuria (2005), shortness (2006), papoose boards (2007), Arthur's new friend (2009), and Android apps.
All New Articles and Posts
These weekly round-ups list everything new in June. Click through to see what was going on that week on About.com Parenting Children With Special Needs.