Looking for somewhere good to surf? Stop by this Site of the Day listing for a daily destination of interest to parents of children with special needs. Listed here are the sites or pages featured each day in January 2013. For more sites, visit the index.
4. Petition Regarding Staged Shooting at Special-Needs SchoolIf you're shocked and appalled that administrators at a Harlem school thought it was a good idea to put 400 kids with disabilities through a surprise drill that included a staged shooting -- on the Tuesday after Sandy Hook -- express your outrage on this Change.org petition.
5. Fun Things to Do
Your weekly list of fun things to do on the Web:
- Activity: Easy Fat-Free Pumpkin-Apple Angel Food Bars
- Kids' Site: Just for Kids - Allergy and Asthma Games
- Shopping: Squease
- Inspiration: "Autism Devotion: What Love Is"
- Just for Fun: In Memoriam: TV Shows and Characters We Lost in 2012
6. Weekly Round-Up
The following articles were added to the About.com Parenting Children With Special Needs site this week: